CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Go Buckeyes!


Ahh...Buckeye football has begun again! So very exciting! The season started with a fantastic win (43-0) over Youngstown State today. I absolutely love going to the games...wish I could go more often! Dad, Matt, Sara, Josh, Quentin (my cousin) and I headed to Columbus about 8:15 this morning. After parking and walking what seemed like 5 miles at least we finally arrived at The Horseshoe...the band was already there and you could hear them before you got there! After a stop at the concession stand (I wasn't planning to traipse back down all those stairs once I got up them!) we climbed the many steps to our seats. Sara and I were on the 35 yard line, we also managed to get the shade not long before halftime! It was alumni day so the alumni band, drum majors and cheerleaders were there as well. I have several pics of the band but that will be a separate post :)
The Buckeyes getting ready to score a touchdown!

After every field goal, 4 cheerleaders run through each endzone with the O-H-I-O flags


After the touchdowns, the cheerleaders get on their knees on the edge of the endzone and raise their arms up and then down



...and that's another Ohio State first down ( the annoucer said the first part and the crowd shouted 'first down'...every time...this was the first time I've been there when they did this)

(1st down)




The final score




Here are a few more 'action' shots



On our long journey to and from the stadium there were several 'Brutus on Parade' statues. They included a Phantom of the Opera, Ceasar, Astronaut, Tin Man, Irish Leprechaun, Disco, Woody Hayes and many more including the ones below.





We were trying to take our picture so the man behind us offered to take it if we wanted to stand up so the stadium would be in the background.

and of course you must have the perfect pedicure for any game! :)


1 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

I love the toes!!!! It looks like you had a busy weekend!